Elliott had a blast making these. Hilariously he hated getting his hands in there with the "sticky stuff". So we settled for putting him in charge of flour and cutting out. He was visibly proud of himself when he tasted his cookies. Simple, delicious and very very moreish! I'm not really a baker. So I asked an acquaintance who is, for a simple, easy and delicious recipe for a basic biscuit/dough. Boy did he deliver! These have a lovely buttery melt in the mouth texture. Recipe below...
Basic Biscuit Dough
150g Caster Sugar
1 Egg Yolk
2tsp Vanilla Extraxt
300g Plain Flour
- Cream together the butter and sugar
- Add the egg yolk and vanilla extract and combine well
- Add the flour and mix to form a dough.
- Roll out on a floured surface and cut out desired shapes
- Place on a baking sheet covered in greaseproof paper. (These spread a little so leave space)
- Bake each batch for approx 10-12mins in a pre heated oven at 180-200 degrees F.
- Allow to cool/harden slightly on baking sheet for 5mins before transferring to a cooling rack